Text size: Small font Default font Larger font

Have an account? Please log in.

.
TSI Network
Patrick McKeough is one of Canada’s top safe-money advisors. The Wall Street Journal, Forbes and The Hulbert Financial Digest have all recognized his ability to find stocks with hidden value. He is editor and publisher of The Successful Investor, Stock Pickers Digest, Wall Street Stock Forecaster and Canadian Wealth Advisor; inventor of the Quick Profit/Value System and the ValuVesting System™. A best-selling Canadian author, he wrote Riding the Bull, the book that predicted the 1990s stock-market boom.

Conservative Investing

Page 4 of 179« First...«3456»...Last »
.

Features from this Topic

THOMSON REUTERS CORP. $38 (Toronto symbol TRI; Conservative Growth Portfolio, Consumer sector; Shares outstanding: 815.8 million; Market cap: $31.0 billion; Price-to-sales ratio: 2.4; Dividend yield: 3.8%; TSINetwork Rating: Above Average; www.thomsonreuters.com) gets 55% of its revenue by selling news and information to professionals in the banking industry. The remaining 45% comes from providing specialized information products to clients in the …read more »

We feel that the current global stock market rally could continue for some time, particularly as the U.S. economy picks up steam. That’s good news for insurance companies like Great-West, which must hold a broad portfolio of securities to cover potential claims. At the same time, the improving outlook for stocks should spur demand for IGM’s mutual funds. GREAT-WEST LIFECOread more »

BANK OF MONTREAL $75 (Toronto symbol BMO; Conservative Growth and Income Portfolios, Finance sector; Shares outstanding: 644.7 million; Market cap: $48.4 billion; Price-to-sales ratio: 2.3; Dividend yield: 4.1%; TSINetwork Rating: Above Average; www.bmo.com) earned $787 million from its U.S. banking operations (or 27% of the total) in the year ended October 31, 2013. The bank continues to integrate Milwaukee-based Marshall …read more »

CANADA BREAD CO. LTD. $73 (Toronto symbol CBY; Conservative Growth Portfolio, Consumer sector; Shares outstanding: 25.4 million; Market cap: $1.9 billion; Price-to-sales ratio: 1.2; Dividend yield: 2.7%; TSINetwork Rating: Above Average; www.canadabread.ca) is Canada’s second-largest producer of fresh and frozen baked goods, after Weston Bakery. Shareholders recently approved a $72.00-a-share takeover offer from Mexican bakery giant Grupo Bimbo SAB. Competition …read more »

CENOVUS ENERGY INC. $32 (Toronto symbol CVE; Conservative Growth Portfolio, Resources sector; Shares outstanding: 756.5 million; Market cap: $24.5 billion; Price-to-sales ratio: 1.3; Dividend yield: 3.3%; TSINetwork Rating: Average; www.cenovus.com) gets about 40% of its output from its oil sands projects in Alberta. Conventional oil and natural gas wells supply the other 60%. U.S.-based ConocoPhillips (New York symbol COP) owns …read more »

TORSTAR $6.54 (Toronto symbol TS.B; Shares outstanding: 79.9 million; Market cap: $462.4 million; TSINetwork Rating: Average; Dividend yield: 8.0%; www.torstar.com) continues to attract the interest of Fairfax Financial (Toronto symbol FFH). Fairfax now owns 22.7% of Torstar’s class B non-voting shares, up from 19.3%. Insiders still control Torstar’s class A voting shares. Fairfax’s CEO, Prem Watsa, has a reputation as …read more »

BCE INC. $48.01 (Toronto symbol BCE; Shares outstanding: 777.0 million;Market cap: $37.2 billion; TSINetwork Rating: Above Average; Dividend yield: 5.2%; www.bce.ca) reports that in the three months ended December 31, 2013, its earnings per share rose 16.7%, to $0.70 from $0.60 a year earlier. Revenue increased 4.3%, to $5.4 billion from $5.2 billion. BCE added 93,700 new wireless subscribers, net …read more »

ENBRIDGE INC. $51.24 (Toronto symbol ENB; Shares outstanding: 831.5 million; Market cap: $42.5 billion; TSINetwork Rating: Above Average; Dividend yield: 2.8%; www.enbridge.com) operates the world’s longest crude oil and liquids pipeline system. It also distributes natural gas to consumers in Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick and New York State. As well, Enbridge has interests in 1,800 megawatts of renewable and alternative …read more »

IBM $193.55 (New York symbol IBM; Shares outstanding: 1.0 billion; Market cap: $200.5 billion; TSINetwork Rating: Above Average; Dividend yield: 2.0%; www.ibm.com) continues to expand its cloud computing businesses. Cloud computing involves storing data and software on one or more centralized computer networks. Users access these programs or files over the Internet or through some other computer network. IBM recently …read more »

LOBLAW COS. $46.81 (Toronto symbol L; Shares outstanding: 282.3 million; Market cap: $13.2 billion; TSINetwork Rating: Above Average; Dividend yield: 2.0%; www.loblaw.ca) continues to expand its Joe Fresh business, which makes casual clothing, shoes and accessories. Loblaw mainly sells these goods in over 300 of its supermarkets and through 22 stand-alone stores in the U.S. and Canada. The company plans …read more »

Page 4 of 179« First...«3456»...Last »
.

Conservative Investing

Conservative investing aims at capital gains with prudent risk. Conservative investors seek to preserve their investment portfolio’s value with lower-risk securities, and often blue chip or large cap equities. For individuals with limited resources, and those approaching retirement age who must be cautious with their nest eggs, Pat McKeough offers well reasoned advice on conservative investing.

Would you like us to inform you when new articles are posted?

.

Free Subscription to
The Successful Investor Network Daily

  • Daily investment advice you can act on
  • Free access to our special stock market reports
  • Plus much, much more! Try it today
Twitter Facebook
Follow TSI Network on Twitter and Facebook!

TSI Network Products

In today's economy, it's more important than ever to have clear investment advice that is tailored to your own personal goals. This is where Pat McKeough's conservative safe-investing philosophy comes in. Through TSI Network, you get access to reports, monthly newsletters and premium services that go beyond the daily headlines to give you all the advice and information you need to build a portfolio with long-term growth potential. Simply click on the links below to discover which service is right for you.

.
.