Text size: Small font Default font Larger font

Have an account? Please log in.

.
TSI Network
Patrick McKeough is one of Canada’s top safe-money advisors. The Wall Street Journal, Forbes and The Hulbert Financial Digest have all recognized his ability to find stocks with hidden value. He is editor and publisher of The Successful Investor, Stock Pickers Digest, Wall Street Stock Forecaster and Canadian Wealth Advisor; inventor of the Quick Profit/Value System and the ValuVesting System™. A best-selling Canadian author, he wrote Riding the Bull, the book that predicted the 1990s stock-market boom.

Canadian Dividend Stocks

You’ll see how we select the best dividend stocks for a Canadian portfolio—and some of our top choices—when you download our free special report, Dividend Paying Stocks: How High Dividend Stocks Can Supercharge Your Income Investing.

Content from our paid publications is delayed 90 days. You can find our most recent advice and recommendations on Canada’s top dividend stocks in The Successful Investor.

Page 16 of 25« First...«15161718»...Last »
.

Encana Corp., Toronto symbol ECA, has agreed to sell its midstream operations in Colorado’s Piceance basin. These operations mainly consist of pipelines that collect natural gas from nearby wells and transport it to storage and processing facilities. Encana will hang to its gas wells in this region.

The company will receive $590 million when the deal closes later this year (all …read more »

Transcontinental Inc., Toronto symbol TCL.A, is the largest commercial printer in Canada, and the fourth largest in North America. It also publishes newspapers and magazines, and has over 1,000 web sites.

In the three months ended July 31, 2011, Transcontinental’s revenue rose 2.3%, to $492.6 million from $481.3 million a year earlier. The company has won a number of new printing …read more »

September 16, 2011 -  Be the first to comment
Posted by: Pat McKeough

COMPUTER MODELLING GROUP $13.93 (Toronto symbol CMG; TSINetwork Rating: Speculative) (403- 531-1300; www.cmgroup.com;
Shares outstanding: 37.6 million; Market cap: $502.5 million; Dividend yield: 3.2%) reports that its revenue rose 32.2% in the three months ended June 30, 2011, to $15.9 million from $12.1 million a year earlier.

Earnings rose 57.6%, to $6.7 million, or $0.18 a share, from $4.2 million, or $0.12 …read more »

ALIMENTATION COUCHE-TARD $28.34 (Toronto symbol ATD.B: TSINetwork Rating: Extra Risk) (1-800-361-2612; www.couche-tard.com; Shares outstanding: 242.4 million; Market cap: $6.9 billion; Yield: 0.9%) is the largest convenience-store operator in Canada, with over 2,000 outlets. It also has nearly 3,700 U.S. stores.

In the three months ended July 17, 2011, Couche-Tard’s earnings rose 9.9% to $139.5 million, or $0.76 a share. A year …read more »

Bank of Nova Scotia, Toronto symbol BNS, continues to benefit from its growing banking operations in the Caribbean, Latin America, South America and Asia.

Last week, Bank of Nova Scotia agreed to buy 19.99% of the Bank of Guangzhou; the Chinese government owns the remaining 80.01%. This bank is the 29th largest in China, with 84 branches.

Bank of Nova …read more »

Bombardier Inc., Toronto symbols BBD.A $4.56 and BBD.B, recently reported better-than-expected earnings. However, the company may have to cut its regional-jet production, due to slowing demand. That caused the stock to fall.

In the three months ended July 31, 2011, Bombardier’s earnings rose 56.7%, to $210 million, or $0.12 a share (all amounts in U.S. dollars). A year earlier, the company …read more »

MANITOBA TELECOM SERVICES INC. $33 (Toronto symbol MBT; Conservative Growth Portfolio, Utilities sector; Shares outstanding: 65.7 million; Market cap: $2.2 billion; Price-to-sales ratio: 1.2; Dividend yield: 5.2%; TSINetwork Rating: Average; www.mtsallstream.com) has over 1.3 million telephone and wireless customers in Manitoba. This business now accounts for 54% of the company’s revenue. The remaining 46% comes from its Allstream division, which …read more »

TELUS CORP. (Toronto symbols T $53 and T.A $51; Conservative Growth Portfolio, Utilities sector; Shares outstanding: 352.9 million; Market cap: $18.7 billion; Price-to-sales ratio: 1.7; Dividend yield: 4.2%; TSINetwork Rating: Above Average; www.telus.com) continues to expand its wireless business. As a result, it now gets 52% of its earnings from its 7.1 million wireless subscribers across Canada.

The company gets the …read more »

BCE INC. $39 (Toronto symbol BCE; Conservative Growth Portfolio, Utilities sector; Shares outstanding: 777.5 million; Market cap: $30.3 billion; Price-to-sales ratio: 1.6; Dividend yield: 5.3%; TSINetwork Rating: Above Average; www.bce.ca) is Canada’s largest provider of telephone, Internet and wireless services. The company’s main subsidiary, Bell Canada, has 6.3 million residential and business customers in Ontario and Quebec.

BCE sells wireless services …read more »

CANADIAN PACIFIC RAILWAY LTD. $55 (Toronto symbol CP; Conservative Growth Portfolio, Manufacturing & Industry sector; Shares outstanding: 169.4 million; Market cap: $9.3 billion; Price-to-sales ratio: 1.9; Dividend yield: 2.2%; TSINetwork Rating: Above Average; www.cpr.ca) transports freight between Montreal and Vancouver. It also connects with hubs in the U.S. Midwest and Northeast. CP gets 25% of its revenue from the U.S.

In …read more »

Page 16 of 25« First...«15161718»...Last »
.

View All Tags

.

Free Subscription to
The Successful Investor Network Daily

  • Daily investment advice you can act on
  • Free access to our special stock market reports
  • Plus much, much more! Try it today
Twitter Facebook
Follow TSI Network on Twitter and Facebook!

TSI Network Products

In today's economy, it's more important than ever to have clear investment advice that is tailored to your own personal goals. This is where Pat McKeough's conservative safe-investing philosophy comes in. Through TSI Network, you get access to reports, monthly newsletters and premium services that go beyond the daily headlines to give you all the advice and information you need to build a portfolio with long-term growth potential. Simply click on the links below to discover which service is right for you.

.
.