Text size: Small font Default font Larger font

Have an account? Please log in.

.
TSI Network
Patrick McKeough is one of Canada’s top safe-money advisors. The Wall Street Journal, Forbes and The Hulbert Financial Digest have all recognized his ability to find stocks with hidden value. He is editor and publisher of The Successful Investor, Stock Pickers Digest, Wall Street Stock Forecaster and Canadian Wealth Advisor; inventor of the Quick Profit/Value System and the ValuVesting System™. A best-selling Canadian author, he wrote Riding the Bull, the book that predicted the 1990s stock-market boom.

Oil Stocks

Page 4 of 8« First...«3456»...Last »
.

Pat McKeough responds to many personal questions on stocks and other investment topics from the members of his Inner Circle. Every week, his comments and recommendations on a selection of the most intriguing questions of the past week go out to all Inner Circle members. And every Friday, we offer you one of the highlights from these Q&A sessions.

One ofread more »

DELPHI ENERGY $2.20 (Toronto symbol DEE; TSI Network Rating: Speculative) (403-265-6171; www.delphienergy.ca; Shares outstanding: 119.2 million; Market cap: $262.2 million; No dividends paid) explores for oil and natural gas in Alberta and B.C. The company is now focusing on its Bigstone, Hythe and Wapiti/Gold Creek properties in northwestern Alberta.

Gas makes up 72% of Delphi’s daily output; the remaining 28% is …read more »

New technologies are helping to unlock the vast reserves of the oil sands and shale-gas fields in North America. However, the extra production could hold back oil and natural gas prices.

That’s why we feel it’s a great time to own our favourite integrated oil producer Imperial Oil. Besides drilling for oil, Imperial also owns refineries which convert crude oil into …read more »

PENGROWTH ENERGY CORP. $10 (Toronto symbol PGF; Aggressive Growth Portfolio, Resources sector; Shares outstanding: 330.1 million; Market cap: $3.3 billion; Price-to sales ratio: 2.4; Dividend yield: 8.4%; TSINetwork Rating: Average; www.pengrowth.com) produced an average of 74,568 barrels of oil equivalent per day (including natural gas) in the third quarter of 2011. That’s up 2.6% from 72,704 barrels a year earlier. …read more »

BELLATRIX EXPLORATION $4.29 (Toronto symbol BXE; TSINetwork Rating: Speculative) (403-266-8670; www.bellatrixexploration.com; Shares outstanding: 114.2 million; Market cap: $448.9 million; No dividends paid) produces oil and natural gas in Alberta, B.C. and Saskatchewan. Gas makes up about 62% of its output; the remaining 38% is oil.

In the three months ended June 30, 2011, Bellatrix’s production rose 51.8%, to 11,643 barrels of …read more »

ENBRIDGE INC. $32 (Toronto symbol ENB; Conservative Growth Portfolio, Utilities sector; Shares outstanding: 776.4 million; Market cap: $24.8 billion; Price-to-sales ratio: 1.4; Dividend yield: 3.1%; TSINetwork Rating: Above Average; www.enbridge.com) continues to win support from shippers for its proposed Northern Gateway pipeline, which would pump crude oil from Edmonton to a storage terminal in Kitimat, B.C. From there, the oil …read more »

All resource stocks are subject to the risk that comes with the rise and fall of commodity prices. But, depending on where they do business, some also face a second challenge: political risk.

Among Canadian mining stocks, Sherritt International (Toronto symbol S) is prominently identified with political risk due to its extensive involvement in Cuba. The company’s Cuban operations are …read more »

Precision Drilling Corp., Toronto symbol PD, provides contract-drilling services to oil and gas producers. The company owns 360 drilling rigs in Canada, the U.S. and Mexico.

We analyze Precision in The Successful Investor, our newsletter that recommends stock picks for conservative investors.

Precision recently converted from an income trust to a regular corporation. Investors received one common share for each trust unit …read more »

Trilogy Energy Corp., symbol TET on Toronto, owns oil and gas properties in the Kaybob and Grande Prairie areas of central Alberta. About 76% of Trilogy’s production is natural gas. The remaining 24% is oil.

Trilogy is one of the natural gas stocks we analyze in Stock Pickers Digest, our newsletter that recommends investments that may be appropriate for the part …read more »

DELPHI ENERGY $2.18 (Toronto symbol DEE; TSI Network Rating: Speculative) (403-265-6171; www.delphienergy.ca; Shares outstanding: 119.7 million; Market cap: $250.3 million; No dividends paid) explores for oil and natural gas in Alberta, Saskatchewan and B.C. Gas makes up 70% of Delphi’s daily output; the remaining 30% is oil.

In the three months ended June 30, 2011, Delphi’s average daily output rose 10.8%, …read more »

Page 4 of 8« First...«3456»...Last »
.

View All Tags

.

Free Subscription to
The Successful Investor Network Daily

  • Daily investment advice you can act on
  • Free access to our special stock market reports
  • Plus much, much more! Try it today
Twitter Facebook
Follow TSI Network on Twitter and Facebook!

TSI Network Products

In today's economy, it's more important than ever to have clear investment advice that is tailored to your own personal goals. This is where Pat McKeough's conservative safe-investing philosophy comes in. Through TSI Network, you get access to reports, monthly newsletters and premium services that go beyond the daily headlines to give you all the advice and information you need to build a portfolio with long-term growth potential. Simply click on the links below to discover which service is right for you.

.
.