Small cap stock rises with crop yields in Western Canada

Pat McKeough responds to many requests from members of his Inner Circle for specific stock advice as well as questions on investment strategy and the economy. Every week, his comments and recommendations on the most intriguing questions of the past week go out to all… Read More

ShawCor’s dominance in pipeline coating has profits soaring

SHAWCOR LTD. (Toronto symbol SCL; gets 90% of its revenue by making sealants and coatings that keep oil and gas pipelines from rusting. The remaining 10% comes from manufacturing industrial products, such as electrical wire and protective sheaths.

The company continues to benefit from recent… Read More

Restructuring lets P&G lower prices to combat generic brands

PROCTER & GAMBLE CO. (New York symbol PG; is one of the world’s largest makers of household and personal-care products. Its top brands include Tide detergent, Crest toothpaste, Head & Shoulders shampoo and Pampers diapers.

The company faces rising competition from generic brands. Last year,… Read More

Intuitive Surgical holds the lead as robotic surgery progresses

INTUITIVE SURGICAL (Nasdaq symbol ISRG; makes the da Vinci, a computerized surgical system a computerized surgical system for use in prostate surgery and other procedures.

Guided by a miniature camera connected to a 3-D monitor, surgeons use the da Vinci to operate by remotely manipulating… Read More

The secret ingredient to making winning stock picks

Hidden value is one of the key factors we look for when we’re looking for winning stock picks to recommend in our investment advisories, including Wall Street Stock Forecaster, our newsletter for investing in the U.S. markets.

By hidden value, we mean valuable assets that are… Read More

Here’s a simple way to slash your investment costs

Investors often ask us how often they should sell investments they own and buy new ones. The answer: as rarely as possible. That’s because turnover in your portfolio cuts into your profits.

(How much turnover you should have in your portfolio is one of the… Read More