Earnings rocketed 53.9% at Intel Corp.

Earnings rocketed 53.9% at Intel Corp.

This firm recently announced a new long-term strategy, which mainly involves expanding its ability to make chips for other companies both at home and abroad.

To help fund the cost of building new chip plants, it will sell a minority stake in its Mobileye business to… Read More

Q: Pat, would you have any information on Tidewater Midstream and Infrastructure? I believe it’s in the business of transporting and storing natural gas liquids, etc. I’m looking for a stock I can stick in my sock drawer and maybe make money after a few years. Thanks.

A: Tidewater Midstream and Infrastructure Ltd., $1.32, symbol TWM on Toronto (Shares outstanding: 339.1 million; Market cap: $457.9 million; www.tidewatermidstream.com), purchases, sells and transports natural gas and natural gas liquids (NGLs) throughout North America and to overseas markets.

Tidewater is also engaged in the acquisition and… Read More

Slow start for Tidewater IPO

TIDEWATER RENEWABLES LTD. $14 is a hold. The company (Toronto symbol LCFS; Manufacturing Sector; Shares outstanding: 34.7 million; Market cap: $485.8 million; No dividend paid; Takeover Target Rating: Medium; www.tidewater-renewables.com) produces low-carbon fuels from renewable sources such as used cooking oil, inedible animal fats and waste wood. It also… Read More

Carveout lets Intel tap Mobileye’s value

Intel recently announced a new long-term strategy, which mainly involves expanding its ability to make chips for other companies.
To help fund the cost of building new chip plants, Intel will sell a minority stake in its Mobileye business to the public in 2022. It specializes… Read More

Let these stock updates help direct you

AGNICO EAGLE MINES LTD. $63 is a hold. The company (Toronto symbol AEM; Resources Sector; Shares outstanding: 244.9 million; Market cap: $15.4 billion; Dividend yield: 2.8%; Takeover Target Rating: Medium; www.agnicoeagle.com) has eight gold mines: five in Canada (LaRonde, Meadowbank, Meliadine, Goldex and Malarctic), one in Finland (Kittila), and… Read More

Both are still buys three years later

On September 21, 2018, Eli Lilly set up its animal-health business as a separate company called Elanco Animal Health and sold 19.8% of its shares through an initial public offering at $24 each. The company disposed of its remaining 80.2% stake in Elanco in March… Read More