TransAlta Power L.P. $8.38 – Toronto symbol TPW.UN

TRANSALTA POWER, L.P. $8.38 (Toronto symbol TPW.UN; SI Rating: Extra risk) is now the subject of a friendly $8.38 per unit takeover offer from Hong Kong-based Cheung Kong Infrastructure Holdings Limited.

TransAlta Corp. has no direct interest in TransAlta Power. However, TransAlta Power owns 49.99% of… Read More

Here’s Another Takeover!

We’ve had a lot of takeovers among our trust recommendations lately, including Primewest Energy, Legacy REIT, Shiningbank Energy and Summit REIT. Here’s another:

TRANSALTA POWER, L.P. $8.38 (Toronto symbol TPW.UN; SI Rating: Extra risk) is now the subject of a friendly $8.38 per unit takeover offer… Read More

TransAlta Power is Still a Buy

TRANSALTA POWER, L.P. $7.92 (Toronto symbol TPW.UN; SI Rating: Extra risk) owns a 49.99% interest in TransAlta Cogeneration, L.P., which in turn holds interests in five gas-fired plants in Ontario, Saskatchewan and Alberta. TransAlta Corp. (see this page) owns the remaining 50.01% interest in TransAlta… Read More

2 Utility Trusts for Income & Growth

TRANSALTA POWER, L.P. $8.08 (Toronto symbol TPW.UN; SI Rating: Extra risk) owns a 49.99% interest in TransAlta Cogeneration, L.P., which in turn holds interests in five gas-fired cogeneration plants in Ontario, Saskatchewan and Alberta, and in the Sheerness coal-fired plant in Alberta. TransAlta Power has… Read More

Two High-quality Power Trust Buys

TRANSALTA POWER, L.P. $8.70 (Toronto symbol TPW.UN; SI Rating: Extra risk) owns a 49.99% interest in TransAlta Cogeneration, L.P., which in turn holds interests in five gas-fired cogeneration plants in Ontario, Saskatchewan and Alberta, and in the Sheerness coal-fired plant in Alberta. TransAlta Power has… Read More