Stock Pickers Digest Hotline – Friday, December 12, 2014

TIM HORTONS INC., $99.00, symbol THI on Toronto, has completed its merger with U.S.-based BURGER KING WORLDWIDE INC., $35.50, symbol BKW on New York.

On Monday, December 15, 2014, the combined company, called Restaurant Brands International Inc., will begin trading on the Toronto and New York… Read More

DELPHI ENERGY $1.40 – Toronto symbol DEE

DELPHI ENERGY $1.40 (Toronto symbol DEE; TSINetwork Rating: Speculative)(403-265-6171; www.delphienergy.ca; Shares outstanding: 155.4 million; Market cap: $217.6 million; No dividends paid) develops, produces and explores for oil and natural gas. About 67% of its output is gas. The remaining 33% is oil.

In the three months… Read More

Trilogy focuses on shale

TRILOGY ENERGY CORP. $20.22 (Toronto symbol TET; TSINetwork Rating: Speculative) (403-290-2900; www.trilogyenergy.com; Shares outstanding: 105.1 million; Market cap: $2.8 billion; Dividend yield: 2.1%) reported production of 36,187 barrels of oil equivalent a day (including gas) in the quarter ended June 30, 2014. That’s down 2.7%… Read More

TRILOGY ENERGY CORP. $20.22 – Toronto symbol TET

TRILOGY ENERGY CORP. $20.22 (Toronto symbol TET; TSINetwork Rating: Speculative) (403-290-2900; www.trilogyenergy.com; Shares outstanding: 105.1 million; Market cap: $2.8 billion; Dividend yield: 2.1%) reported production of 36,187 barrels of oil equivalent a day (including gas) in the quarter ended June 30, 2014. That’s down 2.7%… Read More

Stock Pickers Digest Hotline – Friday, September 26, 2014

STANTEC INC., $72.20, symbol STN on Toronto, is buying Montreal-based Dessau, a distressed firm that’s one of a number of companies caught up in a Quebec government inquiry into corruption in the construction industry.

The purchase will add 1,300 employees at 20 offices throughout Quebec. Stantec… Read More

Buy Delphi, hold on to Trilogy

TRILOGY ENERGY CORP. $28.59 (Toronto symbol TET; TSINetwork Rating: Speculative) (403-290-2900; www.trilogyenergy.com; Shares outstanding: 99.5 million; Market cap: $3.6 billion; Dividend yield: 1.5%) owns oil and gas properties in central Alberta’s Kaybob and Grande Prairie areas. About 61% of Trilogy’s production is natural gas. The… Read More

TRILOGY ENERGY CORP. $28.59 – Toronto symbol TET

TRILOGY ENERGY CORP. $28.59 (Toronto symbol TET; TSINetwork Rating: Speculative) (403-290-2900; www.trilogyenergy.com; Shares outstanding: 99.5 million; Market cap: $3.6 billion; Dividend yield: 1.5%) owns oil and gas properties in central Alberta’s Kaybob and Grande Prairie areas. About 61% of Trilogy’s production is natural gas. The… Read More

Buy Mart, hold on to Trilogy

TRILOGY ENERGY CORP. $26.56 (Toronto symbol TET; TSINetwork Rating: Speculative) (403-290- 2900; www.trilogyenergy.com; Shares outstanding: 99.4 million; Market cap: $3.3 billion; Dividend yield: 1.6%) owns oil and gas properties in central Alberta’s Kaybob and Grande Prairie areas. About 58% of Trilogy’s production is natural gas… Read More

TRILOGY ENERGY CORP. $26.56 – Toronto symbol TET

TRILOGY ENERGY CORP. $26.56 (Toronto symbol TET; TSINetwork Rating: Speculative) (403-290- 2900; www.trilogyenergy.com; Shares outstanding: 99.4 million; Market cap: $3.3 billion; Dividend yield: 1.6%) owns oil and gas properties in central Alberta’s Kaybob and Grande Prairie areas. About 58% of Trilogy’s production is natural gas… Read More