Wall Street stocks: Strong competition pushes Supervalu to a loss

Supervalu Inc., New York symbol SVU operates 2,394 company-owned and franchised supermarkets. The Wall Street stock’s major banners include Save-A-Lot, Albertsons and Jewel-Osco. Supervalu gets 77% of its revenue from its retail stores. It gets the remaining 23% by supplying food to 1,900 independent grocery… Read More

Wall Street stocks: Supervalu earnings decline in latest quarter

SuperValu Inc. (New York symbol SVU) operates about 2,500 company-owned and franchised supermarkets. Major banners include Save-A-Lot, Albertsons and Jewel-Osco. Supervalu gets 76% of its revenue from its retail stores. It gets the remaining 24% by supplying food to 1,890 independent stores.

The company continues… Read More

This Wall Street stock’s overseas expansion has huge potential

A key part of our three-part investment approach is to stick with well-established, dividend-paying companies. (The other two parts are to spread your money out across the five main economic sectors, and downplay stocks in the broker/public-relations limelight.)

Most well-established companies have built up strong reputations… Read More

Don’t miss your chance to buy Wall Street stocks at a bargain

When we’re picking stocks to recommend in our newsletters, including Wall Street Stock Forecaster, our publication that covers the U.S. markets, we like to see companies that benefit from steady revenue streams from high-quality assets, long-term contracts or other reliable sources.

That’s because this type of… Read More