Updating IMPERIAL OIL LTD., ENBRIDGE INC., and FINNING INTERNATIONAL INC.

Article Excerpt

IMPERIAL OIL LTD. $42 (Toronto symbol IMO; Conservative Growth Portfolio; Resources sector; Shares outstanding: 848.0 million; Market cap: $35.6 billion; Price-to-sales ratio: 1.2; Dividend yield: 1.1%; TSINetwork Rating: Average; www.imperialoil.ca) has teamed up with its parent company, ExxonMobil Corp. (New York symbol XOM), to buy 226,000 acres of undeveloped oil sands properties near Fort McMurray, Alberta. (Exxon owns 69.9% of Imperial.) Imperial will hold 27.5% of these properties, while Exxon will own the remaining 72.5%. Imperial’s share of the $751-million cost is $206.5 million. That’s equal to 63% of the $327 million, or $0.38 a share, that the company earned in the second quarter of 2013. Purchases like this will help Imperial increase its daily production from 276,000 barrels of oil equivalent (including gas) in the latest quarter to 600,000 barrels by 2020. Imperial Oil is a buy. ENBRIDGE INC. $43 (Toronto symbol ENB; Conservative Growth Portfolio, Utilities sector; Shares outstanding: 826.0 million; Market cap: $35.5 billion; Price-to-sales ratio: 1.3;…

You are trying to access subscriber-only content.

To read this article, you may subscribe or sign in.
If you are already a subscriber, log in here.

If you wish to become a subscriber, click here. Or you may enjoy access to all our publications when you become a Member of Pat McKeough's Inner Circle Pro.