Keep holding these three aggressive stocks

Article Excerpt

Prospects for all three of these companies from our Aggressive Growth Portfolio continue to improve, either through acquisitions or cost cuts. Still, each stock fell sharply in 2018 and will likely remain depressed in 2019. Instead of selling, however, we continue to recommend investors hold their shares. The strategy of all three companies should eventually spur their earnings and stock prices. BOMBARDIER INC. (Toronto symbols BBD.A $2.30 and BBD.B $2.25; Aggressive Growth Portfolio, Manufacturing &Industry sector; Shares outstanding: 2.4 billion; Market cap: $5.4 billion; Price-to-sales ratio: 0.3; Dividend suspended in February 2015; TSINetwork Rating: Speculative; www.bombardier.com) is the world’s third-largest manufacturer of commercial aircraft, after Boeing (No. 1) and Airbus (No. 2). The company also owns 70% of Bombardier Transportation, a leading maker of commuter trains. The Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec, which manages the province’s public pension plan, owns the other 30%. On July 1, 2018, Bombardier folded its CSeries passenger jet operations into a new joint venture with European aircraft maker Airbus SE. As a result,…

You are trying to access subscriber-only content.

To read this article, you may subscribe or sign in.
If you are already a subscriber, log in here.

If you wish to become a subscriber, click here. Or you may enjoy access to all our publications when you become a Member of Pat McKeough's Inner Circle Pro.