Topic: How To Invest

Dividend Advisor Hotline – Friday, March 6, 2020

Article Excerpt

THOMSON REUTERS CORP., $100.30, Toronto symbol TRI, remains a buy. Thomson is now rewarding its investors with a 5.6% hike to its quarterly dividend. Starting with the March 2020 payment, investors will receive $0.38 U.S. a share instead of $0.36 U.S. The new annual rate of $1.52 U.S. yields a solid 2.0%. The company generates value—and dividend hikes—for investors through the sale of specialized information to professionals in the legal, and tax and accounting fields. To further promote investor gains, Thomson recently agreed to merge its 45%-owned Refinitiv business, which sells financial information, with the London Stock Exchange Group plc (Over-the-counter Pink Sheets symbol LDNXF). Blackstone Group LP (New York symbol BX) owns the other 55% of Refinitiv. Under the terms of the deal, Thomson will own 15% of the combined firm. Based on LSE’s current share price, that stake is worth roughly $4.7 billion (all amounts expect share price in U.S. dollars). As well, investors will benefit from Thomson’s cost savings as Refinitiv…

You are trying to access subscriber-only content.

To read this article, you may subscribe or sign in.
If you are already a subscriber, log in here.

If you wish to become a subscriber, click here. Or you may enjoy access to all our publications when you become a Member of Pat McKeough's Inner Circle Pro.