Topic: How To Invest

Pat, What is your opinion of Tata Motors? Thanks.

Article Excerpt

Tata Motors (ADR), $11.72, symbol TTM on New York (Shares outstanding: 479.7 million; Market cap: $5.6 billion), designs, makes and sells vehicles, including cars, trucks and buses, mainly in India. It also makes and sells related parts and accessories. Tata is based in Mumbai, India. Tata Motors is part of the Tata group, one of India’s leading business conglomerates. Tata group has interests in a number of areas, including steel, software services, hotels, chemicals, insurance and asset management. In February 2005, Tata bought a 21% stake in Hispano Carrocera SA, Spain’s leading bus manufacturer. Recently, Tata purchased the remaining 79% of Hispano. This adds to Tata’s presence in the Spanish market. It also gives it added growth opportunities in international markets for buses and coaches. Last year, Tata bought Ford Motor Co.’s Jaguar and Land Rover brands for $2.3 billion U.S. That should give the company future growth prospects outside of India. But right now, these divisions are losing money. The purchase…

You are trying to access subscriber-only content.

To read this article, you may subscribe or sign in.
If you are already a subscriber, log in here.

If you wish to become a subscriber, click here. Or you may enjoy access to all our publications when you become a Member of Pat McKeough's Inner Circle Pro.