Topic: How To Invest

Q: Dear TSI team, can I have your analysis of Ball Corporation (NYSE BLL)? What are your views about the future of aluminum containers for beverages? Thanks!

Article Excerpt

A: Ball Corporation, $66.46, symbol BLL on New York (Shares outstanding: 334.7 million; Market cap: $22.2 billion; www.ball.com), manufactures metal packaging for the beverage, food and consumer products industries. The company also has an aerospace business that designs and manufactures a variety of aerospace products for both government and commercial clients. Ball is headquartered in Broomfield, Colorado, has manufacturing facilities around the world, and employs more than 17,500 people. The company’s packaging and container operations are responsible for 90% of total revenue, with the remaining 10% contributed by its aerospace business. Ball has a long corporate history of producing food containers in a variety of styles and materials. Over the years the company has reduced its glass and plastic operations to focus solely on being the world’s largest manufacturer of aluminum cans and aerosol containers. Ball sells its products mainly to large multinational beverage, personal-care and household-products companies. They include The Coca-Cola Company, Anheuser-Busch InBev, Molson Coors and Unilever. In June 2016, the…

You are trying to access subscriber-only content.

To read this article, you may subscribe or sign in.
If you are already a subscriber, log in here.

If you wish to become a subscriber, click here. Or you may enjoy access to all our publications when you become a Member of Pat McKeough's Inner Circle Pro.