Topic: How To Invest

Q: Hello. I would be interested in your thoughts on Zimmer Biomet (ZBH) in the U.S.? Thanks.

Article Excerpt

A: Zimmer Biomet Holdings Inc., $109.48, symbol ZBH on New York (Shares outstanding: 209.6 million; Market cap: $22.7 billion; www.zimmerbiomet.com), manufactures orthopedic reconstructive implants and surgical equipment for orthopedic surgeries. Zimmer has the largest market share for reconstructive implants in the U.S. In February 2021, the company announced that it intended to spin off its Spine and Dental businesses. The move was aimed at letting Zimmer Biomet focus on its Hips and Knees segment. Subsequently, on March 1, 2022, Zimmer announced that it completed the spinoff of ZimVie Inc. (symbol ZIMV on Nasdaq). Zimmer handed out 80.3% of ZimVie’s shares to existing Zimmer Biomet shareholders, as a special dividend. They received one share of ZimVie for every 10 they held in the parent. Zimmer plans to divest the remaining 19.7% interest at some point in the future. ZimVie generated around $1.0 billion in sales in 2021. It’s now the fifth-largest company in the global spine implant market and the sixth largest in dental. ZimVie’s spine…

You are trying to access subscriber-only content.

To read this article, you may subscribe or sign in.
If you are already a subscriber, log in here.

If you wish to become a subscriber, click here. Or you may enjoy access to all our publications when you become a Member of Pat McKeough's Inner Circle Pro.