Torstar targets younger readers

Article Excerpt

TORSTAR CORP. $10.75 (Toronto symbol TS.B; Shares outstanding: 79.9 million; Market cap: $858.9 million; TSINetwork Rating: Above Average; Dividend yield: 4.7%; www.torstar.com) owns 90% of a company that publishes free commuter newspapers under the Metro banner in major Canadian cities; Sweden’s Metro International SA owns the remaining 10%. Torstar now plans to expand Metro to Saskatoon and Regina. It will also launch Internet versions for four more cities: Hamilton, Kitchener and Windsor, in Ontario, and Victoria, B.C. These free publications should help the company attract more younger readers, who tend to avoid traditional newspapers. Torstar is a buy. buy…

You are trying to access subscriber-only content.

To read this article, you may subscribe or sign in.
If you are already a subscriber, log in here.

If you wish to become a subscriber, click here. Or you may enjoy access to all our publications when you become a Member of Pat McKeough's Inner Circle Pro.