Updating TELUS CORP., TORSTAR and MANITOBA TELECOM SERVICES INC.

Article Excerpt

TELUS CORP. $43.80 (Toronto symbol T.A; Shares outstanding: 335.6 million; Market cap: $14.7 billion; TSINetwork Rating: Above Average; Dividend yield: 4.8%; www.telus.com) expects its revenue to rise between 1% and 4% in 2011. As well, its earnings per share should rise 9% to 22%, to between $3.50 and $3.90. The stock now trades at 11.8 times the midpoint of that range. The gains will mainly come from Telus’ recently upgraded wireless and high-speed Internet networks. That’s helping the company attract new customers and deal with new competitors in Canada’s wireless market. Telus is still a buy. TORSTAR $12.47 (Toronto symbol TS.B; Shares outstanding: 78.9 million; Market cap: $983.9 million; TSINetwork Rating: Above Average; Dividend yield: 3.0%; www.torstar.com) has received $40 million in connection with the takeover of The Globe and Mail by the Thomson family, which now owns 85% of the newspaper. BCE Inc. owns the remaining 15%. The sale of The Globe and Mail is part of BCE’s plan to acquire full control…

You are trying to access subscriber-only content.

To read this article, you may subscribe or sign in.
If you are already a subscriber, log in here.

If you wish to become a subscriber, click here. Or you may enjoy access to all our publications when you become a Member of Pat McKeough's Inner Circle Pro.