Find out how the best U.S. stocks can change your portfolio, and your life
U.S. stocks consistently give Canadian investors greater safety—and higher profits.
If you have had any hesitation about buying U.S. stocks, wait no longer.
Now is the time to act.
In today’s changing markets and unsettled economic conditions, diversification can be your greatest ally.
We firmly believe Canadian investors should always own U.S. stocks. From 20% to 30% of your stock portfolio should be in U.S. equities.
Read on and you’ll see why a selection of the best U.S. stocks can make an enormous difference in your financial future.
More Canadian investors are discovering the value of U.S. stocks
This is the right time to discover the tremendous value you get with U.S. stocks. For years many Canadian investors overestimated the costs and underestimated the benefits of the U.S. market and stayed away. That is changing: more and more Canadians are discovering the profits and security to be won when you diversify into U.S. stocks.*
This can be a life-changing experience for you. By life-changing, I mean a substantial boost in the profitability of your portfolio.
Keep in mind that the Toronto stock exchange is much more closely tied to natural resources than the U.S. stock market is to any particular sector. When commodity prices are down, other sectors in the Canadian economy can be knocked down with them.
That’s why diversification is so important. You can tap into U.S. stocks that earn a large portion of their revenues in countries around the world. You get the full value and diversity of international markets without the risk of dabbling in foreign stock markets.
*According to a Franklin Templeton Global Investment Survey concluded in March 2015, 47 per cent of Canadian investors believe they will get the best equity returns in the U.S. stock market, compared to 24 per cent in 2014.
Three good reasons to invest in the best U.S. stocks
- The Toronto stock exchange is closely tied to natural resources. When they’re down, other stocks get knocked down with them. No such worries on the big, diversified U.S. market.
- You can tap into U.S. stocks that earn a large part of their revenues in countries around the world. Your portfolio is safer and stronger with these stocks working for you.
- You profit from stocks that are very different than anything you could find on the TSX (such as pharmaceutical leader Pfizer). Most of all, you profit from Pat McKeough’s ability to apply his systematic search for value to U.S. stocks and find the best ones for Canadian investors.
How we help you profit with the ‘four-year rule’
U.S. Presidents tend to get a lot friendlier toward business and investors in the second half of each four-year U.S. Presidential term. The effects are clearly seen in the third year of a president’s term, Almost without fail, stocks rise in response.
In fact, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose in every third year of a President’s term from 1932 to 2011, with an average gain of 22.5%!** In 2015, a volatile year for the markets, the Dow finally fell short in a presidential third year, finishing 2.23% off. But the long-term trend is unmistakable.
The same phenomenon recurs in the last year of a presidential term, as the incumbent seeks a second term, or if a two-term president tries to smooth the path to the White House for the party’s next candidate.
When these opportunities arise, Wall Street Stock Forecaster alerts investors to the stocks that are about to benefit most from political favours.
**Source: Hulbert Financial Digest, October 2014.
Four easy answers to the four biggest questions about investing in U.S. stocks
Investing in U.S. stocks is much easier than you may think. We get questions from investors convinced that it’s more complicated to invest in American stocks than in Canadian ones.
They usually raise four objections. When you know the facts, all are myths:
- “I can’t just go online (or call my broker) and invest in a U.S. stock.” Yes you can. The only difference is that your Canadian dollars will be converted to U.S. dollars. But the trade itself is just as simple as if you were buying BCE or Royal Bank of Canada.
- “I’ll get killed on taxes.” In fact, you could avoid taxes. Canadian shareholders pay a 15% withholding tax on dividends from U.S. stocks. But in most cases you can get a Canadian income tax credit to offset it. And if you hold U.S. stocks in your RRSP, the withholding tax doesn’t apply. There are other tax implications (just as there are with Canadian stocks), but nothing to keep you out of profitable U.S. stocks.
- “I’ll lose too much getting started with the high U.S. dollar.” The U.S. dollar has been trading at around $1.28 Canadian, but it traded as high as $1.30 in 2009 and much higher at $1.60 in the decade before that. My best guess is that the U.S. dollar may gain a few more cents on the Canadian dollar in the next six months or so. Meanwhile, Canadian investors who follow our advice in Wall Street Stock Forecaster and invest in U.S. stocks have profited from a rising U.S. market and soaring U.S. dollar.
- “The best U.S. stocks are just too expensive.” Leaving aside the fact that there are excellent lower-priced U.S. stocks, you can still buy higher-priced U.S. stocks like 3M ($168) or C.R. Bard ($221) or even Alphabet (Google) shares ($735) without breaking your investment budget. You aren’t obliged to buy board lots of 100 shares. You can start with, say, 10 shares. If the shares of stocks like these continue their strong performance you’ll have more than enough to buy more shares of these and other profitable U.S. stocks.
In short, making money in U.S. stocks is easier than you may think. And too profitable to ignore.
Wall Street Stock Forecaster makes it much easier for you by directing you to the best U.S. stocks—we recommend stocks in three portfolios: Conservative Growth, Aggressive Growth and Income-Seeking.
When you subscribe to this special advisory on U.S. investing, here is what you get:
- Specific advice and updated reports on up to 20 stocks we feel have the greatest potential for growth, all accompanied by our clear buy-hold recommendations in every issue of Wall Street Stock Forecaster. And when it’s time to sell, we’ll tell you that, too.
- You’ll know when to buy, hold or sell the stocks in our three U.S. portfolios—Conservative Growth, Aggressive Growth and Income Seeking Investors. A hold means we have recommended the stock as a buy in the past and may again in the future. But when we believe it’s time to sell, we’ll tell you that, too.
- Knowing which stocks are making important moves in your weekly Email Hotline from Wall Street Stock Forecaster.
- Unlimited browsing in a large online library of valuable stock information and advice with the past 10 years of back issues of Wall Street Stock Forecaster —at no extra cost.
And you have your pick of not one, but 3 Stocks of the Year
When we unveiled our “Stock of the Year” 2016, subscribers to Wall Street Stock Forecaster discovered a stock for every type of investing—with three top picks.
Our top Conservative buy, one of the most iconic retailers in America—and around the world—has made some surprising changes in its business. And the stock was up over 15% in the first four months of the year.
Our #1 Aggressive buy is one of the big winners in battle for online domination and appears to have the potential for some lucrative spinoffs.
Our #1 Income buy is one of those U.S. stocks with few equivalents in Canada—in this case a drug stock with a big acquisition that will help it compete with generic drugmakers.
You get all the details on these #1 recommendations in Pat McKeough’s Top U.S. Stock Picks for 2016, a special report that’s yours to download as you soon as you become a subscriber to Wall Street Stock Forecaster.
Receive 5 FREE Reports with our Special Offer!
Receive one full year (12 issues) of Wall Street Stock Forecaster with our no-risk offer. When you subscribe, you also receive 5 Special Reports for FREE— a total value of $135.00!
Here are the special reports written exclusively for subscribers to Wall Street Stock Forecaster:
FREE BONUS #1: Pat McKeough’s Top U.S. Stock Picks for 2016 (A $27 value…yours FREE!)
Don’t miss out on three big opportunities for gains in the months—and years—ahead with my three top U.S. stocks. There’s a winner here for every kind of investors with our top Conservative, Aggressive and Income buys for 2016.
FREE BONUS #2: 3 Megatrend Stock Picks: Undiscovered Gems that Could Make You a Fortune (A $25 value…yours FREE!
In this exclusive Special Report, I’ll show you how you can find “value” companies—at bargain prices—that are set to rise. Plus I’ll give you the complete stories on 3 undiscovered stocks that could bring you explosive gains.
FREE BONUS #3: 3 Little-known Alternative Energy Companies That Could Double or Triple in 2016 (A $29 value…yours FREE!)
As the energy industry evolves through wrenching changes in supply and demand, alternative energy is gaining momentum from rich government subsidies. Some are in a position to soar. Learn which stocks need your attention now…and which aren’t strong enough.
FREE BONUS #4: Suppliers of 21st Century Tools—4 Companies with Licenses to Print Money (A $29 value…yours FREE!)
These are companies that have developed products designed to provide businesses with tools to become more productive and profitable. In this report I name 4 companies taking their respective industries by storm—and they’re in store for enormous gains.
FREE BONUS #5: America’s 6 R&D Supernovas (A $25 value…yours FREE!)
I’ve flagged these 6 companies for their explosive profit potential in the next 2 years. Each of them has a substantial R&D budget and revolutionary products they are poised to introduce. Get these stocks now before they start to soar.
Along with everything you get from us, you have the protection of my money-back guarantee.
No-Risk 100% Money-Back Guarantee
If you ever feel that Wall Street Stock Forecaster is no longer for you, you may cancel anytime and we will return 100% of your money on unserved issues whenever you ask. Everything you’ve received from us is yours to keep. You have no risk.
So, if you want to zero in on the top U.S. stocks in today’s uncertain market, then you’ll want to take advantage of my proven investing approach. You’ll find these winning stock picks in each and every issue of Wall Street Stock Forecaster.
So don’t delay. Subscribe now.
Yours for safe and profitable investing,
Editor and Publisher
Wall Street Stock Forecaster