Gain from Germany’s COVID-19 management

Article Excerpt

The German economy is the largest in Europe and ranks among the top five globally. The country was an early adopter of COVID-19 containment efforts—and its healthy fiscal situation before the pandemic has let it unleash substantial economic supports and a recovery package. All in all, the country is better positioned than most major economies to get through these trying times. This ETF provides you with exposure to many of the top public companies in Germany. ISHARES MSCI GERMANY ETF $30.42 (New York symbol EWG; TSINetwork ETF Rating: Aggressive; Market cap: $2.2 billion) tracks the stocks in the MSCI Germany Index. The holdings aim to replicate 85% of the market capitalization of the German stock market. The remaining 15% is unavailable to foreign investors; that’s partly due to limitations on foreign ownership. Financial companies account for 20.3% of its assets, while Technology (18.1%), Consumer Cyclicals (14.4%), Industrials (13.2%), Healthcare (12.4%), and Basic Materials (10.5%) are other key segments. The ETF holds a portfolio of 62 stocks;…

You are trying to access subscriber-only content.

To read this article, you may subscribe or sign in.
If you are already a subscriber, log in here.

If you wish to become a subscriber, click here. Or you may enjoy access to all our publications when you become a Member of Pat McKeough's Inner Circle Pro.