Topic: How To Invest

Wall Street Stock Forecaster Hotline – Friday, December 20, 2019

Article Excerpt

INTERNATIONAL FLAVORS & FRAGRANCES INC., $122.80, New York symbol IFF, is still a buy for investors. The company makes over 90,000 compounds that improve the taste of food and the smell of consumer products. The stock fell 3% this week on concerns the company has agreed to pay too much for the nutrition division of DuPont de Nemours, Inc. (New York symbol DD). As a group, DuPont shareholders will hold 55.4% of the new firm, with IFF investors holding the remaining 44.6%. As well, IFF will pay $7.3 billion in cash to DuPont. That’s a big payment for the company, which has a market cap (the total value of all outstanding shares) of $13.0 billion. However, the combined firm will be a leading supplier of ingredients to over 40,000 makers of food, beverage, personal care and health products. That will also let investors tap into those fast-growing markets. For example, it will be a major supplier of soy-based protein to makers of plant-based meat…

You are trying to access subscriber-only content.

To read this article, you may subscribe or sign in.
If you are already a subscriber, log in here.

If you wish to become a subscriber, click here. Or you may enjoy access to all our publications when you become a Member of Pat McKeough's Inner Circle Pro.