How to Start Investing in ETFs: Here are some key tips

How to Start Investing in ETFs: Here are some key tips

Are you wondering how to start investing in ETFs? Here are some tips on how to find the best performing ETFs—and how to stay out of the worst ones
Do you know how to start investing in ETFs?

We still feel that Successful Investors will profit the… Read More

Know your ETFs …

The U.S. is the world’s largest ETF market, with a wide range of funds—from those focused on domestic or global equities to those focused on bonds, commodities or, even, hedge fund strategies. Canadians investing in U.S.-listed ETFs must keep several factors in mind:

• In the… Read More

Insights into Canadian ETFs

What is the legal structure of ETFs? Does it provide investor protection? In Canada, most exchange-traded funds, or ETFs, are structured as open-ended mutual fund trusts. As listed instruments, the usual stock market listing, trading and settlement rules apply. Investors should, therefore, receive regular disclosure… Read More

Four providers control the market

Four large global ETF providers dominate the global industry, with an estimated 75% market share. Three of them—Blackrock (iShares), Vanguard and State Street Global Advisors (SPDR)—are U.S. based. Deutsche Bank is the fourth. Sheer size allows each provider to offer exceptionally low management fees on… Read More

BROADRIDGE FINANCIAL $63.75

BROADRIDGE FINANCIAL $63.75 (New York symbol BR; TSINetwork Rating: Average) (201 -714-3000; www.broadridge.com; Shares outstanding: 118.2 million; Market cap: $7.6 billion; Dividend yield: 1.9%) gets 72% of its revenue from managing investor communications. Back-office securities processing and transaction clearing make up the remaining 28%; they… Read More

Big win for Broadridge

BROADRIDGE FINANCIAL $63.75 (New York symbol BR; TSINetwork Rating: Average) (201 -714-3000; www.broadridge.com; Shares outstanding: 118.2 million; Market cap: $7.6 billion; Dividend yield: 1.9%) gets 72% of its revenue from managing investor communications. Back-office securities processing and transaction clearing make up the remaining 28%; they… Read More