Topic: How To Invest

Stock Pickers Digest Hotline – Friday, August 24, 2018

Article Excerpt

BIRCHCLIFF ENERGY LTD., $5.08, symbol BIR on Toronto, explores for, develops and produces oil and gas, mainly in the Peace River Arch area of both Alberta and B.C. About 80% of its output is gas. The remaining 20% is oil. In the three months ended June 30, 2018, Birchcliff’s cash flow per share fell 18.2%, to $0.27 from $0.33 a year earlier. The decrease came from lower gas prices, which offset higher daily production. Output rose to an average of 76,296 barrels of oil per day in the latest quarter. That was up 18.0% from 64,636 barrels a year earlier. Birchcliff expects cash flow per share of $1.14 for 2018. The stock trades at just 4.3 times that forecast. In March 2017, the company also began paying dividends of $0.025 per quarter for an annual yield of 2.0%. OUR RECOMMENDATION: Birchcliff is a buy for aggressive investors Birchcliff Energy recent coverage July 2018 issue March 2018 issue SHOPIFY INC., $182.98, symbol SHOP on Toronto, offers merchants…

You are trying to access subscriber-only content.

To read this article, you may subscribe or sign in.
If you are already a subscriber, log in here.

If you wish to become a subscriber, click here. Or you may enjoy access to all our publications when you become a Member of Pat McKeough's Inner Circle Pro.