Q: Pat, any thoughts on Copper Mountain Mining? The stock caught my attention with its operating mine in B.C. The company also has significant exploration taking place in Australia. Political risk also seems very low compared to so many other mining companies operating in Africa or South America. Thanks.

A: Copper Mountain Mining, $4.09, symbol CMMC on Toronto (Shares outstanding: 209.6 million; Market cap: $851.1 million; www.cumtn.com), has a 75% stake in the Copper Mountain mine in British Columbia. (Japan’s Mitsubishi Materials holds the remaining 25% interest.)

The miner also owns the development-stage Eva copper… Read More