Canadian penny stock soars as copper rises

Canadian penny stock soars as copper rises

Rising copper prices are paying off for this Canadian junior minor, owner of the world’s largest copper operation.

The company has stepped up its output to meet demand from growing global economies as well as electric cars and charging stations. And the stock’s share price has… Read More

Hi, Pat: I’m wondering about your opinion on Taseko Mines. It has fallen dramatically this past year with the decline in copper prices, and I’m wondering if you think it’s a reasonable buy to hold long-term for a commodity rebound.

Taseko Mines, $0.67, symbol TKO on Toronto (Shares outstanding: 221.8 million; Market cap: $150.8 million; www.tasekomines.com), owns 75% of the Gibraltar copper-molybdenum mine in B.C. The company was also advancing the very large 100%-owned Prosperity copper-gold project in the central part of the province until… Read More

Pat: What are your thoughts on Copper Mountain Mining?

Copper Mountain Mining, $1.52, symbol CUM on Toronto (Shares outstanding: 98.6 million; Market cap: $150.8 million; www.cumtn.com), owns 75% of the Copper Mountain open-pit copper-gold-silver mine in B.C. The company’s stake in this project is its main asset. Japan’s Mitsubishi Group owns the remaining 25%.

Copper… Read More